Sunday, October 26, 2008

9 more days until the end of the three year election

One of the problems with early voting is that you get weeks of hearing about the campaign when you no longer care since it does not apply to your vote. Well in my trip to the polling place at my school I noticed a couple of things: 1) turnout is way,way up, 2)black voters are coming out in huge numbers, and 3) young people are showing up in bigger numbers. If this is the case in a state where McCain will not lose unless he cooks Bevo(the UT Mascot) while wearing an OU Jersey, I can only imagine the trends in places where the presidential race is actually close.

That being said, this was also the first election I really cared about none of the candidates. My only view was to vote them all out, as nobody currently in power should be reelected since they have presided over such incompetent rule.

No comments: