Sunday, February 1, 2009

I can finally call myself cyclically unemployed!

After applying for jobs since before the layoff, let's put the start date at Dec. 1, I can announce the results of over two months of sending out resumes, calling, job fairs, interviews with recruiters, etc. In this span I have received one interview for a job paying under $200 a week, one call from a warehouse manager asking why I applied with my resume, a three hours after applying rejection letter, and one job posting that turned out to be a scam site. Good thing we spent $700,000,000,000 to stabilize the economy!

2 comments:

SassyDefiance89 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SassyDefiance89 said...

hehe... have you heard of Gig-onomics?!

Perhaps that's the new trend that we'll all be stuck with for a very,very,very loooooong while in order for most of us to get by... going from gig to gig -- our sorry lot in this our painful reality... well, life is not fair but I chose to see it as a rose garden -- just remember roses have thorns... :-D

Life is still worth living...